Shipping SCF containers are used a lot in the shipping industry to move goods from one place to another. But as useful as they are in their field, these pieces of equipment have also been known to be recycled and used in a number of creative ways outside of the field.
Depending on how big they are, shipping containers can be used in a number of ways. Below are brief descriptions of interesting ways that people around the world have found to reuse shipping containers:
- Schools: In poorer parts of the world, where building a traditional school building can be expensive, it has become popular to use containers as classrooms.
- Restaurants: It has become very popular to use repurposed inter-modal containers as the foundation for restaurants.
- Shipping Container Homes: Another great option that has been growing over the past ten years is the use of cargo containers to make large and open homes. Here’s an example of a shipping container house that runs on solar power.
- Hotels: In many places in the world, cargo containers have also been used as the basis for hotels.
- Workshops: People are starting to use intermodal shipping containers as workplaces because they don’t have enough space at home for privacy at work.
- Offices: Lack of space is a common issue in a lot of countries.
- A hospital: for emergencies is like an ambulance, but it is so much more. Changing shipping containers into hospitals that can be moved around like homes is a master class in modern engineering.
- Portable toilets: In many countries, it is common to see intermodal shipping containers being used again as portable toilets.
- Stores: Modern stores are the way things are going in the business world right now.
- Shipping containers are being used as bases for these kinds of high-rise commercial attractions, which makes these trends even more practical.
- Studios: Shipping containers can also be turned into amazing studio workshops that reflect the personality of the professional who uses them.
- Art Gallery: More and more places are turning old shipping containers into great art galleries. These art galleries and display centers are completely redone so that the creativity on display can stand out.
- Saunas are a great way to relax, and a sauna made out of a shipping container is a great way to add variety.
- People who have to leave their homes because of natural disasters or accidents can stay in remodeled cargo shipping containers. These are the best structures to use as temporary shelters.
- Cafes: Another great way to reuse shipping containers is to turn them into coffee shops, where coffee lovers can get their much-needed caffeine fix.
- Vacation Homes: Shipping containers are the new “in” architectural element for vacation and beach homes. They are cheap and stylish.